LAVENDER NEST

Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunflowers and Lavender


The flowers of my summer: sunflowers and lavender. A funny combination when you think about it. One so strong and bold, the other more subtle and delicate in comparison. Both beautiful in their own way and balancing each other out, like yin and yang. 


Sunflowers never did wind up making their way into the garden this year, which makes them all the more cherished when I bring them home from a market or a farmer's road stand. 

My dreamy lavender on the other hand is in abundance to the point where I almost didn't know what to do with it all. 


But have no fear, old jars have been put to good use holding big bunches of lavender that now line the stairs. A sight that simply makes me smile. I even put some next to my nightstand so it's one of the last things I see and smell on way to dreamland. 


No comments:

Post a Comment