LAVENDER NEST

Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday's Quote


Where does the time go? It feels like ages since I have been here to say hello and share the latest. On my mind today, is my best furry friend. He is currently passed out on the couch [although he did move when I started snapping pictures - he's not a fan of the paparazzi] and hasn't a clue that his quiet little world could soon be permanently disturbed. 

We're toying with the idea of getting another dog -- I keep saying 'we must be nuts,' with the hope that I'll change my mind, but I really do wish to bring another one home and so does Arte. Up until now, our conversations on the matter go something like this: 

me: I really want a puppy. Can we please, please, please get a puppy? I want a puppy. 
Arte: No. Jax would not be okay with that.
me: I know. BUT I really, really want one. 

A month, later he is the one begging for a puppy and I'm saying, 'No. Jax would not be okay with that.' This dog of ours has us wrapped around his furry paw. Heaven help him adjust because as of now, we're both leaning towards bringing one home. There was a terrible story in the local news about fifty dogs being rescued from terrible treatment and conditions. Sadly, there seems to be more and more of these stories and it's becoming increasingly difficult to stomach them, but this one has left me thinking, maybe it is time to rescue a pup. 

Often times when I hear about animal abuse, I'm reminded of this quote: 

'You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.' James Miles 

As far as another puppy is concerned, well, stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment