LAVENDER NEST

Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday's Quote


My love for quotes runs deep [you may have already guessed that though]. Since I was in high school, I would surround myself with them and I haven't stopped. 

No matter the season, no matter the reason there has always been a quote in my life. They have such power to stir the soul, to soothe and bring comfort, to create the energy needed for change, to walk alongside you when you feel all alone and even to provide perspective. 

This one was shared with me this week, so how could I not share it with all of you?! 

The Guest House

This being human is a a guest house. 
Every morning is a new arrival. 

A joy, a depression, a meanness, 
some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor. 

Welcome and entertain them all! 
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows, who violently sweep your house empty of its furniture, still, treat each guest honorably. He may be clearing you out for some new delight. 

The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them all 
at the door laughing, and invite them in. 

Be grateful for whoever comes, because
each has been sent as a guide from beyond. 

- Rumi 


No comments:

Post a Comment