LAVENDER NEST

Monday, March 11, 2013

Being Green


Have you ever learned a new word and then proceed to hear it EVERYWHERE?! When this happens to me, it makes me wonder how often I've heard this new word before without even realizing it or if I was meant to learn it just in time for the influx of it's use. Either way, this is precisely how I'm feeling about green smoothies these days.

A month ago, I could have been surrounded by them and quite possibly wouldn't have even given it a second thought. Yet a few short weeks later and I seem to be tuned into the green smoothie craze. There are endless combinations, but leafy greens with cucumber and mango are some of my favorite ingredients to blend together.

I used to end the work day with a cookie [please don't judge], but this is now one of my go-to treats. And wouldn't you know it's healthy and tasty. Not too long ago, in the midst of a stressful day, someone commented how I was glowing. I like to think it's all these green smoothies. If leafy greens tend to get boring in your salad bowl, you must try a green smoothie.

Ingredients: 
:: Handful of spinach
:: Half dozen slices of cucumber
:: Few chunks of mango
:: Half a banana
:: Tablespoon of raw almond butter
:: 1 cup of almond milk

Blend until smooth and enjoy a refreshing, nourishing and satisfying treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment