LAVENDER NEST

Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday's Quote


As of late, the creative energy is a steady stream of free flowing goodness that comes to me throughout each and every day. Along with it has come 'bold' new steps towards things I've only let myself dream of. 

It's been far too long since I've spent a solid stretch of time painting and I can tell you exactly why -- Sometimes I'm good at it, but I'm not always good at it [let's keep that between us though]. There are days when paint, paper and cloth hit the canvas and they all get along quite nicely and other times, well, not so much. 

It's the latter that gets me down, feeling frustrated and leaves me uninspired to get back at it, but those feelings are now reminding me that as Martha Beck would say, 'it takes 10,000 hours to be an expert at something.' Believe it or not, it helped me realize I'm already an expert at some things, which means if I keep at this, what hits the canvas will consistently be better and better. And let's face it, not everything one makes is great. It's not supposed to be. I mean really, how fun would that be?! Well, maybe fun for a day or so. 



No comments:

Post a Comment