LAVENDER NEST

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Re-Focus


A long weekend worked it's wonders on me. After spending an evening under the stars watching the ballet, catching up with friends and an evening campfire roasting marshmallows, I was ready to focus on what really needed attention, me, and particularly my health.

Yesterday afternoon found me home alone with a mindset ready to narrow in on what needed to be done. First up, was organizing my Pinterest account. What does Pinterest have to do with all of this, you may ask? I'm loving Pinterest right now [my husband claims he is a Pinterest widow], more than any other social media platform out there, mainly for how useful it is.

In the past few weeks, I've found great resources for eating better and consuming less sugar, packing better lunches, and how to go about a gentle detox. Once I reorganized my pins and printed out the information I needed, I was ready to pack a healthy breakfast and lunch for work.

Feeling really good about all of this, I went for a walk and discovered the blackberries in the neighborhood were ready for picking. They were a perfect addition to my vanilla quinoa this morning. Those three hours I spent focusing in on healthier habits has energized me emotionally, which I was in desperate need of. 

If you're looking for a healthier breakfast idea, try mixing together:
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- A handful of berries

Heat it up in the microwave in the morning for 60 seconds and you're good to go. It's a tasty, comforting and filling breakfast packed with protein, fiber and antioxidants to keep you going all morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment