LAVENDER NEST

Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday's Quote

During a beautiful mid-day walk at work this week, I literally stopped to smell the flowers. There's nothing like fresh new blooms to keep me mindful and in the moment. 


Without stopping to do this, I could have easily missed, my furry friends, and I do mean friends. We go way back. A few years ago, around this time of year, I was out walking and noticed a mama duck and her ducklings in the pool. They were adorable swimming around, but I also noticed she also had no way of getting her ducklings out. They were simply too small to climb out. All afternoon I fretted about their fate. I even called the grounds crew to see if there was something they could do. They said they would the carpentry shop build a ramp, but by end of day there were no signs of a ramp.  

I'll make a long story short and spare you the details of my panic, sadness and the many calls I made that afternoon in an effort to save the ducks. I raced home, had my husband quickly build a ramp and we raced back out to install it. As we arrived, the grounds crew were getting ready to install a ramp [in a diplomatic way, I do believe I asked what took so long]. 

And now each year, as the crews ready the pools for spring and summer they install ramps, in each of the pools, for the ducks. This literally makes my heart sing and helps me believe even more in the song that has been playing in my ear during each walk I take this week, 'There is beauty in the world,' by Macy Gray.  


'Stop and smell the flowers
And lose it in sweet music and dance with me
There is beauty in the world
So much beauty in the world
Always beauty in the world
Shake your booty boys and girls for the beauty in the world
Pick your diamond pick, pick your pearl 
'Cause there is beauty in the world
All together now' 

No comments:

Post a Comment