LAVENDER NEST

Monday, November 19, 2012

Cuppa


My love of tea and just about all things British runs deep, as you maybe noticing. [wink], and because it's a part of my daily routine, it also becomes a source of project ideas. When sipping tea, what better accompaniment than cork coasters in the shape of tea bags with little sayings on them?! 


These coasters are going to make great stocking stuffers and hostess gifts this holiday season. To make a set of your own, you'll need: a roll of thin cork with an adhesive backing, a fine tip permanent marker, a pair of good scissors and a few sheets of felt -- all of which can be found at the craft store. Using cardboard I made a template of the shape I wanted to use. Holding the template up to the sheet of cork, I trimmed out each coaster to ensure they are all the same.


Once you've cut out all the coasters, one by one, peel off the sticky sheet on the back, place the cork on a sheet of felt and trim it out. It was much, much easier to adhere it to the felt and trim it out versus trying to cut the felt to be the exact same size. 


Freehand, I drew each outline and design onto the cork. The ability to draw escapes me, so have no fear, if I can do this, so can you.


My fingers are crossed that the rest of my holiday making goes as smoothly. There is almost always one project that doesn't go quite the way I think it will. 

What kind of projects are you working on this season? 


No comments:

Post a Comment