LAVENDER NEST

Friday, April 13, 2012

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream


For my mom's birthday, I've made her one of her favorite drinks - Baileys Irish Cream. She has a little in her coffee most nights after dinner, so I know this will get used right up. After doing a little research on the ingredients, I wrote the the following recipe:

- 1 Cup Light Cream
- 14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Irish Whiskey
- 1 Teaspoon Instant Espresso Coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bourbon

Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix on high speed for 30 seconds. Pour into a sealed container and refrigerate. Shake before using. From what I've read, your homemade Baileys should last up to two months -- if it doesn't get consumed long before the expiration date.

From the beginning, I had a hard time believing that this was actually going to taste anything like Baileys, but to my surprise, it does [I think it's even better].

No comments:

Post a Comment