LAVENDER NEST

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Winter Flowers


Oh, spring. You are so close, yet so far away. This mild winter has me thinking spring will be here any day now. I'm getting antsy for nicer weather even though we've been so fortunate to have some decent weather lately. While dreaming of spring, I decided to make some felt winter flowers to adorn coats, hats, gifts and whatever else I can attach them to. 

Using round cookies cutters as a template, I cut out a bunch of different sized round pieces of felt. After layering them, I found a bunch of fun buttons in the button jar. A quick stitch through the back with embroidery thread keeps all the layers of fabric and button securely in place. With another couple of quick stitches on the back for the pin backs, these lovelies are ready to brighten up the rest of my winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment