LAVENDER NEST

Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year


Happy New Year lovely blog readers! I can hardly believe another year has come and gone. With the holidays behind me and things starting to slow down a bit, I'm now ready to focus on resolutions/goals/things to do in 2012. My list is long, as always, but why not try to live to the fullest?! And the way I like to approach it is, put the intentions out there and try. Everything on the list may not happen, but a lot of it will. 

For those that know me, I am quite particular when it comes to my calendars. So much so, that no one ever buys me one. Ha! I have to like the theme of the calendar and every single picture in it. And this year, is no different. I have looked all over and was about to forgo even buying one, when I picked up an old issue of Mollie Makes in the bookstore to discover the December giveaway (each month has one) was a calendar. And wouldn't you know, I liked all 12 pages. Phew! 

The focus on the calendar is simplicity, artful living and crafts photographed by Norwegian designer, Jeanette Lunde. Each month also highlights a quote and you know how much I love quotes. This month's, "There are people who have money and people who are rich." - Coco Channel 

Like most, I'm attracted to things, at times, without even realizing it until given a little time to reflect. Well my calendar certainly is reflective of my 2012 life plan. Here's a quick rundown of what I'm striving for: 

- A little more peace and quiet time, on my terms (easier said than done!)
- Exploring the land of fabrics: I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but I used to sew on a fairly regular basis. Just basic stuff, but I haven't done a thing in years. At this point, I'm almost afraid to start again. Tomorrow I have my first knitting class and I'm in the process of signing up for a fall sewing class at Squam. 
- Taking a real vacation. Location is TBD. 
- Selling my hand scrub wholesale. It was a huge hit over the holidays, which was a big confidence booster. I already have my first client with a deadline in a week for 50 jars! 
- Entering some artwork into this art show I keep talking about. Deadline I believe is mid-year. 
- Furthering my photography skills. 
- Starting a second blog (I'm nuts, I know ;)
- Giving back. Being a mentor. Helping girls get the start we all deserve. 

Wishing you all the best for 2012. May all your wildest, heartfelt and dearest dreams come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment