LAVENDER NEST

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Washi Tape


This roll of washi tape has me quite excited. It's illustrated with beautiful fauna and toadstools that was begging me to do something with it. Most washi tape I have, is used on outgoing mail and little things here and there, but until now none of them have made their way into a project.  


Now birds and bird houses are not typically one of my muses. In all honesty, I've been know to get quite the laugh out of Portlandia's 'Put a Bird on It' skit..... Okay, I'm back and done laughing. Promise.


Once the bird house had a dry coat of Gesso on it, I transformed it using some of my favorite go to mixed media collage items: paper doilies, dictionary paper, ribbon, pearls and acorns.  


And in case you're wondering, there is no way I am putting this outside for the birds. It will most likely get hung on the wall and used as a hook for my keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment