LAVENDER NEST

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Seeds & Spring


We maybe in the middle of a cold winter in New York, but spring is on the brain and in my heart as cheery colors call my name and daydreams are made up of raised garden beds, seedlings, sketches of a French inspired pea gravel patio and freshly juiced watermelon and cucumber juice [a bit random, yes, I know].

This year's crop is going to include some of the standard summer vegetables, more hearty leafy greens that will take us well into the fall, a variety of herbs, sunflowers and a pumpkin patch - the latter really is going to happen this year.

As these plans grow, we're researching greenhouses and whether a smaller indoor version will be sufficient or a larger outdoor unit is required. Then I think, why research this at all when my heart is whispering,  'Plant an abundant crop.'

No comments:

Post a Comment