LAVENDER NEST

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Water & Wood



It was our first warm weekend here and it was glorious. It meant lots and lots of labor intensive yard work that has left me feeling muscles I had forgotten about, but that's okay. When I needed a break from stacking brick and shoveling top soil, I'd sneak into my studio and work on a few pieces that are in one stage or another. 


This piece was created using birch tree bark [say that one ten times in a row], paper flowers, a felted acorn, watercolor paints in addition to acrylic and some other little bits I found along the way. 


The birch tree bark was something new I hadn't worked with before and I quickly found out that it needed a ton of glue, but it was well worth it. Only a couple more pieces to finish up and I'll be ready for both hangings on Thursday night and Friday morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment