LAVENDER NEST

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Artistic Ability


Oh lovelies, it's been a while since I have been on here and I've missed you. Where have you been you may ask? And what a very good question that is. I've been to some far away places and back, but I sadly have no pictures since they were all in my head [wink]. The past few days I've been spending some time up there doing a bit thinking and daydreaming. It took me a while to come back down and figure out how to function again. The floors still have not figured out how to clean themselves. 

Besides having lots of conversations with myself, I've also had some wonderful chats with friends, old and new about what I do with my art, how I go about creating and how they can become more creative even though they don't consider themselves to be an artist. 


I'm a firm believer that everyone, and I mean everyone, has some sort of artistic ability. For the longest time I thought I could not be an artist because I couldn't paint people. Silly, right? A new world opened up when I was able to think outside of that box -- the very one that I alone had created. 

Our creative abilities come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Whether it's re-doing furniture, creating Feng Shui environments,  food styling, painting, etc. it's ALL art. All of it. Right down to the fun ways you can package all those lunches over the course of a week. We create art all the time. If you're not sure how you want to be creative, there are so many ways to get started from local classes, online tutorials and to less formal and simple what I call 'DIY play time' at home. 


One of the most important things for me has been learning from what I love to do when making something and what I don't love and why. And know, when it comes to being creative, there is no box in which you have to fit into. Make it work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment