LAVENDER NEST

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Truth Be Told


Over the past couple of weeks, I've been in a bit of a funk. Funk = feeling overwhelmed, disconnected, not overly happy and a general sense of blah. It happens to all of us, at least that's what I was telling myself. At first it was easy to toss it up to hormones along with the a stressful day here and there, but when even being in my studio left me feeling uninspired and burned out, I started to become concerned. I like to think of myself as a person who can pick herself up, regardless of the situation, and move forward, and yet, I was struggling to do just that.

My trusty coach help me put everything back into perspective. As I detach from the old ways I used to 'nourish' my body, with a daily 'spoonful' of sugar in one form or another, it's bound to cause some emotional pain. This separation from what I can only compare to a toxic lover, is ending. Sugar and I, well, we go way back. There were lots of good times, the memories are varied and plentiful, but truth be told, they were not all warm, jolly times. There have been countless days when I was left feeling worse for wear.

And now, here I sit recognizing the loss, learning how to be gentle with myself and how to slowly work myself through to a healthier state. As I ground myself in this goodbye, it's like watching this toxic sugary lover slowly sail across the harbor while I firmly stand, grounded in my own strength.

Looking forward I know two things. One it will be challenging and two, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment