LAVENDER NEST

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Special Mail


I remember as a child how special it was to receive mail. Something just for me. A letter, a card, or a small package perhaps. Whatever it was, it was a big deal, especially since it was never a bill or a pile of junk mail to sort through.  It was sent with love and picked out especially for me. 

And yet as I write this, there is mail in the mail box that I could care less about. It could sit there all week [although my husband would never let that happen] before I care to even look.  


This is precisely the reason I love, love, love sending personalized, fun mail that will bring a smile to the recipient, if even for a moment. This card was sent to my childhood friend with lots of wishes for her birthday and the year to come. I hope she had just as much fun opening it as I did making it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment