LAVENDER NEST

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Friday's Quote


Another week, another Friday quote. Oh how I enjoy this part of the week. As I mentally unwind and look forward to the weekend, I hope to carve out some reading time. It's been a couple of weeks since I just sat and read, and I miss it. I tend to go through phases of either reading at a leisurely pace or devouring book after book. With reading, naturally comes a good quote or two to stumble upon. The ones that leave me thinking, 'Hmmm, I guess it's not just me that thinks or feels that way.' Novel concept [pun intended - wink, wink].

Quotes have been a part of my life since childhood. I'd find a phrase in a book or magazine and I had to have it. It wasn't enough to just read it, it somehow had to become part of my life. I would cut them out of magazines or jot them down and place them here and there. To this day, that has not changed. I tape quotes to my computer, my dressing mirror, tucked inside of little jars -- I even have a couple on my bookshelf.

So, as I look forward to sitting down with my new copy of Mrs. Kennedy and Me, by Clint Hill, it seems only natural to leave you with the quote that is currently on my bookshelf..."Your books are your autobiography: They map your history, reflect your tastes, hold emotional moments between covers. On these pages, intelligent designs for sharing space with the literature you love." [author unknown]

No comments:

Post a Comment