LAVENDER NEST

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Creative Direction


Sometimes when I work on a new project and I haven't quite figured out my creative direction yet, I take some time to play. In this case, my definition of play is pulling together objects for styling. 


Basically, I wander around the house, gathering things that are appealing and feel may work. Note, I said, 'feel'. The big thing is to not over think the process. Go with that gut feeling. 


Once I have gathered, I start arranging, rearranging, and rearranging again all while taking pictures along the way. It can take some time and futzing around trying to figure out what does and does not feel right. 


When I go with the flow and have fun with it, I tend to wind up with something I am happy with in the end.
How do you get those creative juices flowing?


No comments:

Post a Comment