Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Some of the best dinners are the ones that are simple and require very little prep time. If you're in need of a quick dinner this week, try this Chardonnay and chicken berry salad. It's fresh, filling and healthy.
- 1/2 C Chardonnay Wine
- 1/4 C Lemon Juice
- 1/4 C Poppy Seed Dressing
- 4 Uncooked Chicken Tenders
- Assorted Berries (Strawberries, Raspberries and Blueberries)
- Blue Cheese or Goat Cheese
- Glazed Walnuts
- Balsamic Glaze
- Marinate the chicken in the Chardonnay wine, lemon juice and poppy seed dressing overnight. Either saute in pan or bake on 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooked and cooled a bit, place on a bed of spinach with berries, cheese and glazed walnuts.
- Drizzle with a balsamic glaze and serve with your choice of bread [I chose a French Peasant bread].