LAVENDER NEST

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Puttering Around


It's a pretty snowy Saturday here. Just enough snow to make the world seem a little quieter and a more peaceful place to be. Snow days are perfect days for catching up on little projects, sipping tea and just puttering around the house doing a little bit of this and little bit of that. 

I dug out one of my holiday gifts, a stamp making kit, and played for a bit. Making my own angel wings stamp has been on my list longer than I care to admit. After finding a royalty free angel wing clip art image online and sizing it, I traced it onto tracing paper with a pencil. From there, I flipped it over, rubbed it on a piece of Speedball Speedy Carve Blocks and had an outline that I could carve out using carving tools. In a matter of minutes, I was able to start using my new stamp and stamp markers. Can I just say, I love stamp markers?! You put the ink right where you want it and you're ready to go. No more messy ink pads for this girl. 

On tap for this afternoon is a new recipe for a lemon custard pie. If it turns out well, I'll post a picture and recipe later in the week. 

Happy weekend lovely blog friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment