LAVENDER NEST

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cooking Day

A brisk walk this morning, has been followed by a full-on cooking day. After struggling to figure out what to cook most nights last week, I decided to cook once this week, stock the fridge and freezer and sit back and enjoy the week ahead. Why was I struggling last week to figure out what's for dinner? In part, I blame Pinterest. It was a much more appealing way to spend my time. And after spending way too much time on on there, at least I can say I found a few good recipes to add to my cooking day list. 


On the menu? [I admit, I am no food blogger. Figuring out how to capture detailed pictures while cooking, is not my forte]. A Greek Roasted Chicken with spaghetti squash, which is in the oven now. 



Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (found on Pinterest). 1.5 cups of oats; 2 ripe bananas; 1 cup unsweetened applesauce; a handful of dried cranberries or dried cherries and cinnamon to taste. Mix, spread on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. 


Cornbread, Sausage and Cheese Muffins. Add cooked sweet sausage to the cornbread mix (follow instructions on the box), fill muffins wells, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. These are great with a hearty soup. 


Minestrone Al Pesto Con Formaggio, is being made as I write this, by my husband. 

And an interesting recipe, Sweet & Salty Roasted Chick Peas, also found on Pinterest. It has already proved good for snacking. 

Oh, and I do believe I owe you a link for the Lemon Custard Pie from last week. Boy, did this recipe hit the spot! 

Happy Sunday dear blog readers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment