LAVENDER NEST

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Survival Kit


Aaah. It’s good to be back on here. Power is on and the mess in the yard that Irene left behind has been cleaned up. I’m feeling very fortunate that there were only branches and some trees to clean up. No flood waters and the house is still standing. Hope all of you fared okay as well.

While August was ending and September was creeping up on me, so was something else. Nesting. It happens every year, right around this time. We may still have 80 degree days, but the air is different, a bit cooler, the sun less intense and the days a bit shorter. For me, there is no escaping the nesting that comes with the change in the air. One of the things I find myself doing, much like a chipmunk gathering acorns, is pulling together simple things around the house to sit and enjoy. And that’s exactly what I did when Irene hit.




My storm survival kit consisted of:

-          Be Well Red Tea …when a brand takes the time to write up the essence of each product and put it on the packaging, it’s bound to capture my attention.

-          Mollie Makes magazine ….I’m like a dog with a bone when the new issue comes out each month. I run and hide so no one can find me and when I’m done I carry it around with me everywhere I go. It’s out of the U.K., so for some it may not have much appeal, but for me, that’s a huge part of the attraction. Every month I can get my U.K. fix. I adore the way they speak, write, stylize things, dress, etc.

-       Savory Baking cookbook by Mary Cech …hands down, my new favorite cookbook for the fall. Plenty of baked goods and meals all in one. How is that not perfect fall food?!

-         Lemon Lavender candles ...surprised ;)?

No comments:

Post a Comment