LAVENDER NEST

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful Tree


November. The raw, stark beauty gets me every year. And yet, with all the hustle and bustle around the corner, it can go by way too quickly if I don't take the time slow down. This November, I am making a deliberate effort to connect with nature, to bring it into our home in order to pause each day, recognize where I am and all that I am thankful for by hanging a thankful card.  


Last weekend, as Arte was out with the mower battling the leaves, I headed into our woods for branches. I'm not sure who was more startled upon my exit. Me at the sight of the mower getting a little too close or Arte by a crazy branch lady running out of the woods. It had to be a funny sight. 


Those same branches have been arranged into a 'tree' of sorts that sits on one of my favorite pieces of furniture with a few pieces of artwork, mine and others, that bring me joy. 


Reflecting here is easy. Natural. Comforting. A place I look forward to being. The week has brought many things to be thankful for. A happy Jax, new product orders and an unexpected rainbow.


I ended the week at the vet for a routine laser therapy for Jax and before leaving the tech brought out her one pound puppy. Oh my heart. I fell in love fast as that little love snuggled into my neck. One of the benefits of an almost blind dog, is that he never noticed. I could have held her for a few minutes or an hour. I'm really not sure, but I do know the joy was the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment