LAVENDER NEST

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pretty as a Picture

The snow has been falling since last night. A steady snow with big fat flakes that's covered everything in sight. We've decided not to plow or dig ourselves out for a while and instead be snowed in by the fire reading, napping and doing a little bit of this and that. It's truly as pretty as a picture outside.


I'm not sure about you, but I am wiped out from the holidays. It's all I can do to move from the bed to the couch and back again. Exhausting work I tell you. After a couple of days of napping though my old friend, Guilt [that's right, with a capital G], showed up and convinced me to do something a little more productive. 


All those pretty cards we received throughout the season are hanging in the kitchen. Little do they know, in years past, cards just like them were tossed. Oh the Guilt. Family, friends and loved ones take the time to send these cards and then there they go in the trash.  



Not this year! They have been saved from the recycle bin and in the nick of time. Each card was loving cut out into tags using a gift tag shaped hole punch so they can adorn a gift for next year and live to see another holiday. 


And that's about all the productivity this girl can handle for today. 




2 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT idea! I always put the family photo cards in my scrapbook but I didn't know what to do with all the others...I'll do this for sure :). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! They were so fun to make!

    ReplyDelete