LAVENDER NEST

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bug Off


We're talking bug spray -- couldn't help the cheeky title. I'm having a hard time believing it is already the end of May. With a full weekend centered around being in the yard, bug spray went on the shopping list. Then I paused and thought, hey, I bet I could make my own. It was easy peasy.

Supply List:
- 3 oz. spray bottle
- 3 oz. witch hazel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemongrass essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon eucalyptus essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon citronella essential oil

If you're looking for essential oils, they can be found at natural health food stores, natural wellness/pharmacies or even online for a fair price. 

Combine all the ingredients in the spray bottle and shake well. I'll warn you, these essential oils are strong, which means when you're mixing the ingredients it's not the best smelling concoction. Once it's diluted in the witch hazel though, the smell greatly improves. One other thing to note: you'll want to shake the bottle well before each use.


No comments:

Post a Comment